WARNING: THIS PROGRAM IS GEARED TOWARD ALL HOCKEY PLAYERS LOOKING TO MAKE SERIOUS GAINS IN SPEED, ACCELERATION, STRENGTH AND POWER!
The Strive Hockey Academy is Canada’s most comprehensive year round hockey prep program. Train hard and be motivated by our expert coaches to advance to the next level. Athletes utilize the 58,000 square foot Strive High Performance Centre for strength training, plyometric training and speed / agility to enhance their speed quickness, vertical and explosive power in this revolutionary program. Work with like minded athletes with similar athletic abilities up to 5 days per week. Our program is designed for athletes of all ages. The program exposes the athlete to “state of the art” training techniques and drills to optimize sports performance and reduce injury potential. Dynamic warm-up, speed development, lateral speed & agility, plyometrics, strength training , stability training and core strength will be taught by our expert coaches using a “learn by doing” format.
STRIVE HOCKEY ACADEMY OPTIONS
- Up to 5 Days Per Week
- Private Instruction
Sessions are approximately 2 hours in length. Please contact us at (587) 333-6448 if you require to begin after the posted program start date.
A SOLID FOUNDATION THROUGH PROPER NUTRITION
Each recruit has their own Strive Nutritional Protocol. Strive athletes who follow the Strive Nutritional Protocol see astounding results. Many of Strive athletes have gained up to 20lbs of lean mass in only 12 short weeks! Imagine putting on 20 lbs of muscle!!! Athletes with a higher percentage of body fat have witnessed a loss of 20lbs of BODY FAT in only 12 short weeks!
WARNING: THERE IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF ACADEMY SPOTS. REGISTER NOW!
Program Advantages to Participants
- Unique partnership with a Post Secondary institutions and associated emphasis on long term educational development and goals
- University training environment provides access to high performance training environment second to none
- Professional, Olympic and University varsity athletes provide excellent role models for student athletes
- Training apparel will be included in the overall cost of enrolment; however, sport specific training equipment requires the participants to provide their own footwear for both indoor (trainers) and outdoor activities.
- Academy participants will be responsible for their own transportation needs. Regularly scheduled transit routes are readily available.)
Our Training Goals
To maximize athletic performance through sport specific conditioning
All participants will receive an initial physical assessment early in the year. There will be on-going assessment throughout the school year. Programs will target the following:
- Muscular balance to best stabilize joints, prevent injury and facilitate performance
- Enhance muscular endurance and hypertrophy through anaerobic training and conditioning
- Enhance cardiovascular potential
- Increase general strength with emphasis on core
- Maximize the power potential of the athlete through plyometric and power conversion training
- Improve speed, agility, and reaction times of the athlete
- Enhance flexibility
To provide the athlete with nutritional counseling
- What foods are best for athletes?
- When should these nutrients be consumed? (Pre-game, Post-game)
- How much does the athlete need and in what proportions?
- What supplements should athletes take?
- Importance of proper hydration
To prepare the athlete for college and/or university
- What types of schools are out there?
- When do I apply?
- Are the advantages of staying in Canada?
- What are the SAT’s and when should I write them?
- How to improve marks and gain better study habits
- Annual lump sum payment may be made via cheques or credit card (VISA or MasterCard)
- A maximum number of applicants will be accepted into the Academy Program. In order to meet program planning deadlines, applications must be received ASAP to guarantee placement
- VISA and MasterCard, accepted for payment or deposit fees
- NSF cheques will be charged a $50 fee plus additional bank charges